Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Base 10 Blocks Math Unit

I am excited to share with you a new Base 10 Math Unit that I created.  This bad boy has taken me a long time to prepare and I am so thrilled with how it turned out.  We have been learning how to count and add with base 10 blocks and it wasn't covered in my curriculum.  This is new to the CCS for Kindergarten, so I decided to make my own unit with my class.  Here it is...


Head to my TpT Store to pick one up!


This unit contains centers and printables to teach the beginning of counting and adding with base 10 blocks.  This falls under the Common Core Standard: "Number and Operation in Base 10" for Kindergarten and 1st Grade.  
The centers include:
-adding base 10 blocks
-solving to find the missing number in the addition sentence
-3 emergent readers incorporating counting and coloring base 10 blocks
-matching the 10 frame, base 10 blocks, and number
-count the room: count and write the number of the base 10 blocks
-10 frame center: place the base 10 block card above the 10 frame, and fill the boxes
-20 printables to use during centers or whole group instruction

Each center is accompanied with the CCS and recording sheet.  This unit focuses on sums 10-30.

Here are some photos from the unit...

10 Frame and Base 10 Block Counting Center

 Count the Room

 Counting Emergent Reader


To see more pictures of the unit, click HERE!




10 comments:

  1. I look forward to your post with pictures. It is nice to find items made to the common core.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're working on this right now! I'm off to take a look at your product!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this girl! Adding you to my FAVE peeps!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have not visited one of my favorite people in the world. I cannot wait to see you and your BFF better show up too! I am really looking forward to Saturday and this packet looks adorable... like you.
    Love,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gave ya a shout out today blog bud :)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I love this!! Base ten had been a hard concept for my little K babies to grasp this year, so this will be perfect!!!

    I am so glad I have found your blog (through Elizabeth's shout-out) and am your newest follower :)

    Nikki
    The Cozy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks just perfect! The lil guy on the cover is just too cute! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly! Love your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. I'm looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so nice to meet you on Saturday! You are adorable! I am your newest follower!
    Katie
    Teacher to the Core

    ReplyDelete