Sunday, December 23, 2012

Elf on the Shelf....Big REVEAL!


You can read the back story of how my elf drama {here}.  Basically, my co-workers have been playing pranks on me for the past two weeks by stealing my elf {Candy Cane}, replacing it with a new one {Snowflake}, and leaving the elves for me to find each morning.  It's like I was the child and they were the parents.  All I have to say is, I know how excited the kids feel each morning to wake up and see what their elf is doing next....

One lovely Tuesday morning, I walked to my room to see in the distance a note taped onto my door...


At a closer look, it is a note written from Snowflake (the newer elf) asking to come and save him!  


When I open the door, someone had gone MAD with the blue painter's tape all over my room...





Snowflake left a note on the whiteboard for me...  


Notice the lonely red chair in the middle of the rug...


And here is where I found poor Snowflake!  I seriously died laughing!  I "de-taped" Snowflake and left him somewhere else for the kids to find him when they entered...this was a little too disturbing to share with the kids! ;)


Overall, I was impressed with their creativity and the amount of time it must have taken to tape my room!



Thursday morning I arrived at work and found my elves like this....


They were making snow angels in sugar and left their initials in "yellow snow"... don't worry, I removed the sign for when the kiddos came in! 

I wanted to leave a fun photo note to whoever was playing games with me and my elves...so I took this picture and put it on my facebook to tell my coworkers I expected a grand finale for the last day of school!


And believe me, I wasn't let down.  Friday morning, I was given a note by my co-worker which would lead me on a scavenger hunt to reveal who was playing Santa's helper!


The last note brought me to the teacher's lounge where I found my "elf hiders" waiting for me!!!  These ladies seriously brightened my month with all of their creativity!  Love you girls!!!




All I have to say is, I once though the Elf on the Shelf was the creepiest thing ever.  And now, I am a raging fan.  Your kids love finding him each day, trust me.  :)
 
If you are on Instagram, use #elfintheclassroom to share you elf photos!
 

Come follow me @applesandabcs
 

11 comments:

  1. Laughing! The picture of the elf on the chair is very funny. How will your co-workers out do themselves next year?
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this. What fun you've had this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious!!! What fun co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! You have the best colleagues!


    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great fun! It's so nice that you have a team of colleagues that knows how to have a little fun!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends at work make it more fun. You are so blessed!






    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, your co-workers are hilarious! The scavenger hunt idea has so much potential for fun and learning, I've just never been the one hunting, like you were. How fun! Such a cute photo too, of you and the elves. I'm glad you could laugh along with the pranks. I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful holiday and a delightful new year!

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it looked like so much fun!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE OUR SCHOOL! These three ladies were the culprits, eh?! Color me not surprised! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your elfie post and elfie ideas! I know this is from 2012, but I would love for you to link this post or any other elfie resources at my Elf Class Ideas Linky Party. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete