Monday, June 11, 2012

Made It Monday Linky: Ring My Bell!

I am excited to link up with 4th Grade Frolics and share something fun that I made this weekend!


So about a month ago, I lost my bell that I ring to get the class' attention.  I normally use it when an activity is over, so they know it is time to clean up.  They also know, that when I ring the bell they are to: give me the "quiet sign" (quiet coyote...anyone use this gem???), look at me, and of course, be quiet.  :)  I have been looking for a cute bell to replace my lost one with and I haven't had any luck.  Then I found this...


I found it at a thrift store, but I actually have seen it at Pier 1 Imports.  I thought I could mod podge it with teacher scrapbook paper and use it in my classroom.  What's funny, is when I ring it, I will know what is says under it and FOR SURE might be thinking just that!

Here is my decorating process:  First I organized my supplies- bell, scissors, paintbrush, mod podge, and scrap book paper.


I started by cutting out cute sections of the paper that I could glue onto my bell.


Then I just started placing the paper on the bell, and adding layers of mod podge on!


Here is the finished product!


Before and after:


What type of "noise makers" do you use to get your class' attention?

15 comments:

  1. Very cute! Train Whistle, Sound Effects online, but I love Class... Yes (WBT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I never thought of doing that.
    In the past I have used a rain stick, a bell, and at one point I used a electronic gizmo/like a door bell with different sounds.

    Lorena
    Little Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing I have EVER SEEN! Awesome job!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute...I love Modge podge and scrapbook paper!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I use jingle bells in my room. I just love Christmas. :)

    Erica

    Sprinkles to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bell is adorable! It turned out so good! I use a music wand....it's on my blog somewhere....I bought it at a professional development training. I call it my princess wand. It makes a wonderful sound and the kids love it and respond to it quite well:) Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute!!!
    I use quiet coyote but we call it quiet creature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute- what a great idea!
    www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute! I might have to pin it as a reminder to "cutsie" up my bells.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been clapping... "clap, clap, clapclapclap" :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat idea! I don't use a bell yet...I might have to change that now!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute -both the before and after... however the after might actually be my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so super creative! Love this idea! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete