Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Vegetable and Gardening Unit!

I am SO EXCITED to post my new Vegetable and Gardening Unit!  There are so many good activities for the kids in it, and I have been using it with my own class.  They especially loved making the crops and practicing in the Emergent Readers!  Please see below to check it out!


This unit includes:
-Vegetable Emergent Reader
-What do seeds need to grow?- response sheet
-2 Tally Mark Math- Cut and paste
-2 ABC order sheets
-7 Cut and paste activities
*Vocab. and picture match
*Circle Map of Vegetables
*3 building sentences sheets (unscramble the sentence and draw a picture)
*Picture sort: garden tool vs. vegetables
*Picture sort: singular vs. plural pictures
-Interactive Emergent Reader- singular and plural
-5 Bubble Maps
-14 color picture vocabulary cards with ideas for use
-Make a list sheet
-2 dice game sheets
-2 Center Activities
*Math Center: 16 addition problems, they sort them by the sums, includes a response sheet
* CVC Word Sort Center: 30 cards to sort by short vowel sound, includes a response sheet
-8 vegetables to sponge paint (or decorate) to make a bulletin board full of crops.  Crops included:
*Eggplant
*Turnip
*Tomato
*Carrot
*Peas
*Potato
*Pumpkin
*Corn
-5 draw, label, and write sheets


I think one of my favorite parts of the crops unit, is that I added these adorable vegetables that you can make into a row of crops onto your bulletin board!



Here are some close ups of the veggies that the kids made...


I would love to hear your thoughts!  :)

7 comments:

  1. Really cute! I love the bulletin board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your stuff is precious!

    ERica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Cute! I am your newest follower!

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely precious! Can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good i want to do this activity with my kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good i want to do this activity with my kids

    ReplyDelete